Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy/sad/yakuza ja nai!

Photos are torture to try to upload from the computer here, otherwise I'd be posting a lot more! Did half a day of weeding for a farmer this morning (the bean field photos are from today)- he and his wife then took us to Sasayama city for lunch and then to an onsen after stopping at the train station to say goodbye to our resident translator and all around good shit, Hanno. I got kicked out of the baths when someone finally noticed the towel I never took off. The farmer, whose name I really need to learn, then bought us all bowls of soft fresh made tofu with ponzu (...that you can get right next to an ice cream stand...) at the onsen's shops -I think he felt bad because he could tell I felt awful about getting booted from the baths- they were really over the top generous to us today for some reason! Then we came back and worked for a little longer at Tsuji, I touched some hellfire flower pollen or something while tying tomatoes and my inner elbows got insanely itchy, we went to a Kendo lesson taught by a friend of Gen-san's, made asses out of ourselves, tore our pansy gaijin feet to bits on the maple gym floor, then went to another festival on the way home. Phew. And now, work at 6 again tomorrow! Need to plan my last week -Soon-
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment