Sunday, August 8, 2010

I'm very aware of the fact that as time goes by, more and more details slip from my memory- like the smell and sound of the woods up the dirt path by the swimming hole - the million different kinds of sound the cicadas make, the unending stream of bad puns that flows from Toby's Aussie mouth - unfortunately, for me to sit down and really write a lot, I'd need to monopolize the only computer here in addition to having to remove myself from all the activity. So, now that the end is coming I should soon have more time to concentrate, and hopefully the 1500 plus photos I've taken so far will help keep my memories pretty fresh until then. I need to do this for myself as well as for all of you, and all of the new friends I've made here who have been sharing the same amazing experiences. It's pretty heartbreaking to think that we're all just passing through, and will never all be here or in any one place at the same time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment